Buying a Home - Tips for Buyers
Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in life. Not only are you choosing your dwelling place, and the place in which you will bring up your family, you are most likely investing a large portion of your assets into this venture.
- Step 1: Get pre-approved - it's usually a free, no-obligation mortgage process.
- Step 2: Take the time to find and interview a few REALTORs until you find one you feel comfortable working with.
- Step 3: Location, location, location. Determine what area of town best suits your needs.
- Step 4: List and prioritize the features you desire the most in a house.
- Step 5: Get on the Internet and do a preliminary search comparing prices and features in the location(s) you want.
- Step 6: Select 3-6 properties to begin previewing with your REALTOR.
- Step 7: In a hot market, it's wise to make an offer quickly on the house that seems right for you. Your REALTOR will help you determine if you should make a quick offer.
- Step 8: Know that you will have to submit an earnest money check when making an offer.
- Step 9: Have your REALTOR explain home inspection and loan timelines that must be met after your offer has been accepted.
- Step 10: When the Close of Escrow and recordation occurs, congratulate yourself for having achieved one of the American Dreams. You are now a homeowner!